The NWU LIS supported Casual Day on Friday 7 September 2018. Each staff member received a sticker to wear on this day, to show that the LIS cares for people with disabilities.
The theme for this year is to be an Everyday Hero. Some staff members dressed up as their everyday hero or favourite superhero to support the theme of the day.
Casual Day 2018 wants to send the following message:
- Heroes care about other people
- Heroes can put themselves in someone else’s shoes
- Heroes use their skills and talents to do good themselves, rather than waiting for someone else to do it
- Heroes don’t give up. They keep going even after setbacks and frustrations
- Heroes strive to be all they can, despite shortfalls
- Heroes never stop working to make the world a better place for everyone
- Heroes are defined by their strength of character
Now, more than ever, South Africa needs people to dig deep inside themselves, find the hero within and BE AN EVERYDAY HERO for people with disabilities.