We are proud to announce that Boloka (the Open Access Institutional Repository of the NWU) is growing rapidly and this month we have reached a milestone with more than 20 000 items indexed. Thank you to everyone who contributed to Boloka’s success over the years and for making NWU scholarly output visible and searchable to the whole wide world through Open Access.
During the January 2017 “Ranking Web of Repositories”, Boloka was ranked 7th in Africa and 364th in the world.
Maximum exposure increases the impact and enhances the discovery of your research
- Create an ORCiD, distinguish yourself and your work (NRF prescription)
- Consider publishing in accredited journals (Start here)
- Publish your final accepted version as early as possible – post print (i.e. final draft post refereeing) Send these versions to your Faculty Librarians to be included in Boloka
- Retain your self-archiving rights or
- Check publishers’ policies on copyright and self-archiving
- Share: Inform colleagues and engage in social networking communities
- Create an online profile (Google Scholar Citations) (see: NWU on GSC)
- Remember to keep your datasets or post to platforms for storage
…early deposits of full text on Boloka enhance early discovery through Google…