Progress of construction on 2nd floor.
The project is progressing according to plan. We apologise for the noise in the library! We have liaised with the contractors to do the “noisy work” immediately at the start of the project and not during the final exams in October/November. Therefore bear with us please.
- Book shelves were covered with PVC sheeting
- Cables of electrical, data, telephone, fire and other equipment were removed
- The large journal counter was dismantled
- 90% of the dry walls were removed
- Old carpets and vinyl flooring were removed
- Wall tiles of 3 bathrooms on the second floor were removed – this created the loud and continuous banging noise… they will start with the floor tiles today (15/9)
- All the plumbing was disconnected & removed